A couple of days ago, I was on the search for some new music and musicians when I came across a video shared on my Facebook timeline. Without hesitation, I clicked on the link and I was directed to the video itself. The caption said: “This Hillsong Young and Free mashup currently has 80, 324 views on YouTube. I'm blown away. I never thought this video would get over 1,000 views let alone 80,000. Thanks so much for liking and sharing it." I was so amazed by how this guy had sang some covers of a couple of songs which really sounded good and sweet. He has mashed up a few songs which already hit thousands of views on Youtube, looking forward for more. Given that I was already on Facebook, I stalked a little bit (just a little bit) more about him and later ended up on his official page. To make the long story short, I messaged him and asked if I could put up a little article focused mainly on his music and he said yes!! So here ya guys, meet Michael Fogarty!
Michael Fogarty is a 20 year old singer from the United States. He was born and raised in St. Louis Missouri and later moved to Nashville, Tennessee where he goes to university.
He sings Contemporary Christian Music (CCM), Praise & Worship and Pop songs as well.
He started playing the electric guitar in his church's band which later gave him the chance to tour the US. In fact, he has done an incredible mashup version of songs from Hillsong Young & Free which garnered 83,000 views on YouTube which he describes as ‘mind blowing!'
To give us all a little clue about Michael, I've asked him some more questions which he gladly answered!
1. Since when did you discover your love for music?
- I've always loved music but I decided I want to start playing guitar after my dad got into playing at the worship band when we lived in London, England for 2 years. After we got back to America I started taking lessons and that's when I really started to love it!
2. What / who inspires you to do what you do?
- I get inspiration from Hillsong & Bethel Music, but ultimately it's the fans and people who like it who keep me wanting to make more videos and music!
3. What do you do aside from singing?
- I attend University right now, so a lot of my time goes into studying and doing homework. I also love photography and videography. I also play guitar in my local churches!
4. Who are your favorite music artists & why?
- My favorite music artists are Bethel Music, Jesus Culture, and Hillsong because they have made worship music relevant for our generation. I also like Ed Sheeran and John Mayer just because they are fantastic musicians!
5. What are you looking forward in the music industry?
- I'm looking forward to touring (especially in the Philippines) and meeting everyone who likes my music!
Heard that Philippines?
Michael is indeed not just the typical good looking guy, he's more than that. He's got a talent to show to the world and a burning passion that will someday mark his name in the music industry. He's truly one of the many who aspire to inspire. Let's all support him as he takes his musical ride in life.
Find him online,
Big thanks to Michael for answering all our questions. All the best in your music career!
Disclaimer: This post originally came up at www.outletmag.co and is no longer available, hence the repost.
I live an ordinary life; striving and making it work in the giant sandpit aka Dubai. My life isn't perfect (I wish it was!) But I guess there's something about the imperfection in my journey that makes it worth the write and share. I believe that we don't have to have everything figured out because if we do, a lifetime won't be enough...
The Sunday Currently| 13
The Big Blur
Sunshine Blogger Award
A year older // What's changed?
But a mist
Life is but a handful of rambutan // Show me who You are
When plans get cancelled
latest on instagram