Before I start, I just want to tell everyone how proud I am to be Filipino. I'm simply proud and blessed because of the richness of its culture. Like no other. I am a Filipino with Spanish and Chinese descent (as my parents told me) but I'm fully Filipino by heart. So this blog is all about the things I realized about being who I am -- about being a Filipino :)
You know you're a Filipino when:
1. You or your girl friends straighten your/their hair (rebond) just because it's kulot or in other words curly.
2. You love wearing loose or ugly clothes at home (pambahay), but when you go out the house, you actually look like you're the best dresser in town!
3. You are happy with the little things life can give you.
4. You are either really good in music or not. There's nothing between that.
5. You're used to greet older people with holding their hands and putting it on your forehead. Others call it Bless in English and Mano Po in Tagalog.
6. When you're in abroad, you know whether that man or woman walking down the street are Filipinos just because of how they dress up. (I know right!)
7. You love rice! It's either you pair it with tuyo (dried fish), sabaw (soup), any main meals/viands or simply anything.
8. You love the traditional Filipino chocolate -- Chocnut which is made of nuts.
9. You bow down when passing between two people or more who are talking as a sign of excuse.
10. You never, never butt in during conversations unless you're involved in it.
11. You are so emotional when you watch "teleseryes" and get carried away for real.
12. You truly love art and nature!
13. You love storing plastic bags and used water bottles thinking that you can use it again someday.
14. You have a great respect for our elders. Usually, we are more closer to our grandparents than our parents ourselves.
15. You love defending the celebrities you love from their haters even if you know that they don't care. (Haha!)
16. You have big and extraordinary dreams but that doesn't take contentment away from you.
17. You have a really huge desire to help your fellow countrymen because you feel like if you were the president, there'd be a better chance of progress in the country.
18. You love having big TVs at home and you don't care having NO more space available.
19. You know what "ukay-ukay" means and you love it!
20. Pacquiao's fights are a big deal to you.
If you know more, don't hesitate to comment! Big Smiles :D
For more fun facts about the Filipino Culture, I recommend you to watch Hey Joe Show! You can watch them on Youtube..
Photo grabbed from Google Images
A mixture of life, love, faith, and everything in between. Welcome to my space!
latest on instagram