Hi everyone! Are you all off to sleep? For some of you, I guess you might even be already asleep as I'm writing this. If you know me well, then you'd be right if you say that I don't sleep early and yes, looking at the time right now, it sure is not early. Speaking about sleep, I thought I'd share a little something about my sleeping habits and see if you can relate to it too. So before I kiss the midnight skies goodnight, here are my 5 weird, surprising, unusual ( you name it ) sleeping habits.
1. I am a certified night owl. So usually, I'd wait for everyone inside the room to stop talking, stop snoring (if they already are), stop using their phones, and stop moving. Why? I don't have an exact answer or explanation to this, but I just feel like I have to wait for everyone else to sleep before I do. I feel a lot more secure that way.
2. I can't sleep if I get too tired. I don't know if you've experienced this, but I really do sometimes. If I'm tired, I can go to sleep, but if I get too tired like when my body's really sore for all the day's activities, and when I can't stop thinking about what happened the whole day, that it still gets me all hyped up.
3. I can't sleep with few pillows. This is probably the best thing I could describe myself when it comes to sleep. Usually, I would have a pillow for my head, for my legs, for my feet to either elevate or hide my feet with, a flat pillow at my back to avoid getting backaches, and a small pillow or stuffed- toy for a hug. It doesn't end there though, I also have to have my bed filled with a few more stuffed-toys to get really comfortable while sleeping — even when my mom doesn't really like the idea.
4. I'm okay if I don't get enough hours of sleep. Some of the people I know, like my sister for example, who gets really grumpy when she'd lack sleep. For me, there have been a couple of times when I went on another day without sleeping the night before. Also, there were nights when I would finally get to sleep at five AM and wake up at six. "Got enough sleep?" Some research shows that people who lack sleep for at least eighteen hours are equivalent to those who drank four cans of beer. So I guess drinking beer isn't that bad or indifferent at all huh?... or maybe not. You figure it out.
5. I'm very sensitive to sound during sleeping hours. I'm that type of person who can immediately wake up when hearing just a little bit of noise. I really dislike it when I wake up in the middle of my sleep because I would most likely not be able to go back to sleep again. I would rather not sleep than having to deal with all the noise around me.
There it is. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did. Before shutting your eyes, get to think of it, do you have sleeping habits as well?
P.S. I'm not an insomniac or something. It's just too weird when others can sleep really fast, while for me, I have to undergo different rituals just to go to sleep. Haha!
A mixture of life, love, faith, and everything in between. Welcome to my space!
latest on instagram